Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Art Camp

Thanks to PicMonkey



Here they are in all their glory.  My little ones.
COVERED IN PAINT!
gotta love it.  

We had a blast, and hopefully all the parents have managed to remove most of the paint and not despise me too much.. lol.  

Throwing paint at a canvas is something I have always wanted to do since I was a youngster.  My daughter and I both gasped and looked at each other when we saw The Princess Diaries scene where mom and daughter threw darts at paint balloons on a wall.  For art camp though, I decided to forgo the sharp metal points!  Words of wisdom though, think carefully about how to get the paint into the balloon!

Straight from the bottle with the water balloon cheesy pointed tip (Meant for the water faucet)= paint ooze all over the place.
We tried every bottle in the art room, not a fit to be found!

From the paint bottle straight to the water balloon= really? why did we even try this?

Water balloon over the paint bottle top= umm.  duh. not a good idea.  we had dollar store balloons.
the rolled up part of the balloon, necessary for tying, got busted off every time. 

Run to the store for new balloons.

Normal balloons (from Target) + paint = no popping.  OOPS. Not really good.
Kids wanted to stomp on them.  This would be fun too, but we decide against it.  Do you have any idea how much paint you would have to put into a normal balloon before it would be capable of popping when you stepped on it?

Kids are getting restless.  Me, my dream was close to getting thrown in the gutter, I didn't want to throw in the towel.  

I ran to the one person in my building (art camp was held in my classroom) that could fix anything.  My janitor, Bob.  I showed him the goofy green nozzle that could supposedly fill the water balloons with liquid.  We searched the miraculous janitor closet for means to fulfill the objective.

SOLUTION!


who would have guessed!  oh my word....

a sprayer + watered down paint + water balloons = dreams come true!
(don't worry, the sprayer was clean of chemicals!)

The messiest part of this application process was the cheap dollar store balloons that had holes before you even filled them.  My high school helpers, Talia and Karen Anne, thought I might have been bleeding out!  lol.  
(too many reality and medical shows on lately...  check out the splatter patterns)

One last day of art camp tomorrow, math camp in 2 weeks.

FRESH PAINT ON THE 18TH!  WhOOT, wHOot!

1 comment:

  1. looks like it was tons of fun...BTW - blog post/FB posting about your piano yesterday...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...