Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wishbone vs Backbone


"Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be"~ Clementine Paddleford

This quote makes me smile, makes me think of my grandma because it is something she might of said to me. One thing that she said to me once, and I will never forget it is this: That's shit Jody, and we don't respond to shit. We are better than that.

Grandma was not a little old lady knitting quietly in her chair, she was one to play hide and go seek in a grave yard while she was over the age of 60. She golfed and danced and promoted planned parenthood. somewhat of a rebel at times I guess.

At her celebration of life, a former student wrote that she still remembers when Grandma asked if the 6th grader had a tattoo on her bum that said "life is fair". Life is surely not fair- but we can make it good. We can be grateful. we can be thankful

I am including a pic of these crazy striped sox because this young lady is finding who she is. In my mind she is on a journey- between childhood and that crazy part of young adult hood. we are all on a journey and I am no different.

Having my art out there in public is a huge step, I owe it all to my Gram and extremely grateful for the many years I had her in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...