Friday, June 25, 2010

UPCYLING, GOTTA LOVE IT!












I hit the Goodwill tonight. Just couldn't resist these kids books. I am truly a lover of books, the illustrated kind, and the mind candy kind, and the.... kind. My collection can be overwhelming at times, but omg I just can't help it.
If you haven't heard of upcycling before, it is basically taking something of little value (I would never say that of books) and creating something of value and greater use.
Now, would you truly say that a child couldn't have purchased these and gotten great value, I say yes. I mean, they would greatly enjoy them..... Although, a little birdie (step-monster :) ) gave me a grand idea of coasters... we shall see. Wish me well in my creative endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...